November 9, 2023
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the talent frame to show the incorrect number of points on talents when trying to refund talent points for Priest, Demon Hunter, and Rogue.
- Fixed an issue causing Blood Frenzy to not benefit from Haste or Cycle of Life and Death.
- Ultimate Penitence now clears root effects when cast, instead of returning the error message “You are unable to move.”
- Fixed an issue with Paracausal Fragment of Thunderfin, Humid Blade of the Tideseeker where the trinket effect was not functioning properly.
- The Sarannis’ Mystic Sheen absorb is reduced by 68% and the cloak now has primary stats.
- You can now place crafting orders for Mark of the Auric Dreamstag.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Phial and Potion cauldrons from being usable in non-keystone Mythic dungeons.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes allowed for Phial auras to persist in rated PvP environments and Battleground Blitz.
- Cataclysm Jewelcrafting figurines now drop for all classes to aid with completion of the Fantastic Figurines achievement.
- Dream Wardens reputation from Emerald Dewdrop contributions into Medium and Large Emerald Blooms during Emerald Bounty now reward a large amount of reputation with the first five each week.
- The Quest Journal will now properly display the Emerald Dream portal in the Emerald Conclave in Valdrakken.
Trophies of Strife
Shortly after maintenance on Tuesday, we applied a hotfix that inadvertently caused certain rewards from the upcoming PvP season to become available to players purchasable with Season 2 currencies, specifically Trophies of Strife and the optional reagents used to add PvP item level onto crafted items. We have since deployed a fix for that situation and want to clarify what to expect for players who may have acquired them.
- Trophies of Strife are no longer obtainable from the Sparks of Life quest for this week, and players who completed it during this window will have their currency reset to 0 at the start of Season 3. As there is nothing available this week to purchase with Trophies of Strife, players will not have an advantage over others.
- Items crafted with the Verdant Trophies or Crests have had their PvP iLevel set to the equivalent honor and conquest equivalent of Season 2. Excess of these items have been converted to Poor quality and will not be usable for further crafting despite what their tooltip implies and should be vendored.
- Once Season 3 begins on Tuesday, a new batch of Verdant reagents will be available from the vendors as intended. As always, you will be able to Recraft your existing gear with a Spark of Dreams to use these trophies. This includes players who may have used a Verdant Trophy or Crest this week.
Additionally, we’d like to take this opportunity to clarify a couple things going into the new season.
- PvP gear of all sorts has been migrated into the new upgrade system and will require Flightstones and Crests to upgrade rather than Honor or Trophies of Strife.
- Trophies of Strife will be used to purchase the upgraded version of War Mode gear (486 PvP iLevel) directly from Malicia herself. These items will only cost Bloody Tokens and Trophies of Strife; you do not need the base item to upgrade.
- Trophies of Strife are now a currency with a catch-up mechanism built in. Beginning on Week 2, although visible from Week 1, players who fall behind their weekly Sparks of Life quest can purchase catch-up Trophies of Strife for 3500 honor each until you have caught up.
Raid Item Tuning Before November 14
As players prepare to face off against Fyrakk and his allies in Amirdrassil, we’re making a final round of tuning changes to the forthcoming raid trinkets. The following adjustments are listed in comparison to how these items previously performed on the Guardians of the Dream PTR.
Aside from addressing unexpected extreme outliers or bugs that might arise, we hope to need no further tuning changes until after players have defeated Fryakk on Mythic difficulty.
Blossom of Amirdrassil
- Fixed an issue where the periodic healing effects could not critically heal.
- All effects increased by 5%.
- Bonus healing per ally healed increased to 30% (was 20%).
- Developers’ note: While not directly increasing the trinket’s power potential, this will allow players to achieve that potential more readily.
- Healing effect cap increased by 5%.
Cataclysmic Signet Brand
- Damage decreased by 10%.
Augury of the Primal Flame
- Damage increased by 5%.
Fyrakk’s Tainted Rageheart
- Lash damage decreased by 21%.
- Absorb increased by 50%.
- Passive area-of-effect damage decreased by 20%.
- Developers’ note: This trinket became more powerful than intended after a previous tuning iteration. The lash and absorb changes represent a budget-neutral readjustment while the passive AOE effect was scaling too effectively in multitarget situations.
Ashes of the Embersoul
- Primary stat granted increased by 30%.
- Primary stat on use now decays every 2 seconds (was 3 seconds) to align evenly with the duration.
- Fixed an issue where immunity abilities could be used to remove the Haste debuff.