Blizzard has announced you can earn the Fearless Spectator title by watching Warcraft esports in the coming weeks on Youtube! Additionally a surprise patch 9.2.7 has hit the PTR and the first change they have announced is that some categories of items such as consumables and crafting materials (e.g. herbs) on the Auction House will become region wide auctions!
Viewers will have the chance to earn the new Fearless Spectator title while watching the upcoming Global Finals for AWC and MDI!
The WoW® Esports Shadowlands Global Finals are almost upon us! To celebrate the end of both Arena World Championship (AWC) and Mythic Dungeon International’s (MDI) Shadowlands seasons, we are offering viewers the chance to earn the exclusive Fearless Spectator in-game title. All you need to do is create a Blizzard account and link it with your YouTube account, then sit back and earn the title as you watch the top dungeon-running and pvp teams battle for their respective championships across three amazing weekends!
On July 8, the action begins when the top eight MDI teams from around the world battle for their share of the $300,000 (USD) prize pool and the title of MDI Shadowlands 2022 Global Champion. This will be followed by two hard-fought weekends of Arena action: first up is the AWC Grand Finals, which will see the top four teams from both the Americas and Europe battle to claim the Regional championships and a share of the $300,000 prize pool; followed by a brand-new cross-region tournament in which the top four teams from both regions will compete to see who are the dominant PvPers in Shadowlands!
We’ll share more details on each finals and the new cross-region tournament in the coming weeks, but until then make sure to read ahead for exactly how to connect your accounts in order to earn the Fearless Spectator title during the upcoming broadcasts. We’ll see you in the Shadowlands for one final season showdown!
Earning the Fearless Spectator Title
On one of the eligible YouTube Gaming channels, watch two total hours to receive the exclusive title. Time watched is cumulative across all three weekends, so even if you can’t watch for the full two hours in one sitting your time will still count toward earning the title
Watch Two Total Hours Across:
- MDI Global Finals: July 8 – 10, 2022
- AWC Grand Finals: July 16 – 17, 2022
- AWC Cross-Region Tournament: July 23 – 24, 2022
Connecting Your Accounts
Before you can receive rewards, you’ll need to link your YouTube and Blizzard Battle.net accounts. Here’s how:
- Log in or create an account on YouTube.
- Navigate to Account Sharing under “Connected Apps” in Settings.
- Select “Connect” next to Battle.net
- Follow the simple prompts to finish connecting accounts.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Blizzard account on which you’d like to receive your Drops.
- Click here for a full set of official rules for the WoW Esports Fearless Spectator Title.
Stay tuned for more details on all of the events to come, and remember to subscribe to the Warcraft YouTube channel to receive notifications when each broadcast starts. Go with honor!
9.2.7 PTR Development Notes
World of Warcraft Version 9.2.7 PTR
AUCTION HOUSE UPDATE: REGION-WIDE COMMODITIES
- Auction Houses across all realms on a given region will now share commodity listings (gems, herbs, flasks, consumables, etc.). Items that aren’t commodities –- like armor and weapons –- will continue to be realm-specific.
- Developers’ note: The Auction House you know and use today should look and feel exactly the same; it’ll just have way more buyers and sellers available to you for commodities. We’d love for players to hop on the PTR, copy over their characters, and help us test the Auction House across the entire PTR region. We might schedule a specific time in a few weeks for everyone to hop on at the same time to help stress it, details tbd.
USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
- A new chat channel for searching or advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities has been added: Trade (Services).
- Developers’ note: The trade channel that’s been in the game for 18 years will continue to exist, but we wanted to add a new channel to direct messages about the request and advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities. If you’re looking to buy or sell these kind of services, this is the channel for you! If you’re not interested in those, you can leave the channel and avoid the noise, or move it into its own chat tab. We believe that with this new distinction, you’ll be able to keep Trade chat for the traditional buying and selling of items and professions, and not other chatter.